[Mailman-Developers] A couple minor annoyances

Brian Lenihan brianl@real.com
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:47:18 -0700

I have a couple minor problems with mailman:

1) If a message exceeds the configured size (40k), I get a bounce notice
from sendmail as well as the normal approval notice from mailman.  The
error is unknown mailer error 1
This behavior is new in b5.

Aug 27 14:07:03 1998 post: Traceback (innermost last):
post:   File "/home/mailman/scripts/post", line 100, in ?
post:      current_list.SendTextToUser( subject = 'Mail sent to %s' %
post: TypeError :  unexpected keyword argument: raw
Aug 27 14:07:09 1998 contact_transport: Traceback (innermost last):
contact_transport:   File "/home/mailman/scripts/contact_transport", line
52, in
 ?
contact_transport:      OutgoingQueue.processQueue()
contact_transport:   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/OutgoingQueue.py", line
38, in
processQueue
contact_transport:      Utils.TrySMTPDelivery(recip,sender,text,full_fname)
contact_transport:   File "../Mailman/Utils.py", line 204, in TrySMTPDelivery
contact_transport:   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/OutgoingQueue.py", line
25, in
dequeueMessage
contact_transport:      os.unlink(msg)
contact_transport: OSError :  [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/mailma
n/data/mm_q.2'

I'm not sure what raw=1 is intended to do, but it is causing the error when
the attempt is made to notify the user their mail is being held.  The
definition of SendTextToUser in
Mailman/Deliverer.py does not have raw as an argument.

scripts/post:
current_list.SendTextToUser( subject = 'Mail sent to %s' %
                                               current_list.real_name,
                                               recipient = the_sender,
                                               text = body,
                                               raw = 1)

2) After performing some admin functions, e.g. mass subscribing or
attending to administrative requests, the list info page shows up with all
the fields blank and I have to re-enter data.  There are no apparent errors
and I'm not sure how to debug this.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I
have had it in every version since the original I found at list.org before
the crash, however, prior to b5 it only happened when mass subscribing.