[Mailman-Developers] Experimental remote CVS repository

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 18:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I think I finally have a publically accessible read-only remote CVS
repository available to y'all.  I say "experimental" because I'm not
100% sure it's working, so please try it out.

Note that this will keep you on the absolute bleeding edge because
syncs are done to the repository on every check-in.  Also, by tomorrow
or so I hope we'll have a Mailman mailing list you can join to get CVS
checkin messages.  That's not quite running yet.  I may also try to
get CVSweb access and remote rsync access if time allows and there is
enough demand (and I can polish off my very dusty Perl manual :-).

For now, here's what you need to do to check out a copy of the Mailman
source code:

    % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.python.org:/projects/cvsroot login
    [password is `anoncvs']

    % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.python.org:/projects/cvsroot co mailman

After that, you don't need to specify a CVSROOT while inside the
mailman directory.

Please let me know how it goes.

-Barry