[Mailman-developers] Pipermail issue...

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

Stu Ekins writes:
>Does anybody know of any issues with the pipermail module? It hasn't worked
>for me since I upped my python version to 1.5 (on Linux 2.x). I'm still
>learning the language and am not yet competent enough to debug it fully
>myself!

	I'm Pipermail's developer, and yes, there have been several
issues with it.  The version included with Mailman is 0.02, which is
really out of date; I rewrote it almost completely for 0.04.  I'm now
going to try to make a new distribution of 0.05 available in the next
day or two.

>Here's a traceback...
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "./archive", line 31, in ?
>    list.UpdateArchive()
>  File "/home/mailman/mailman/modules/mm_archive.py", line 72, in
>UpdateArchive
>    import pipermail
>  File "/home/mailman/mailman/modules/pipermail.py", line 424, in ?
>    words = string.split(datestr)
>TypeError: argument 1: expected read-only buffer, None found

	That looks like datestr is None, where it's being expected to
be a string; this probably means that there's a message with no
'Date:' line in its headers, or, alternatively, there's an unescaped
'From' at the beginning of a line, and the program is thinking that it
marks the start of a new message.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
The clerisy are those who read for pleasure, but not for idleness; who read