Jarrell Plantation, Jones county Ga

MR LARRY N REED CJSB06A@prodigy.com
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:55:56, -0500

This is what ends up as the header in the 1999-August.txt file

From CJSB06A@prodigy.com Wed,  9 Apr 1997 00:55:56, -0500
Date: Wed,  9 Apr 1997 00:55:56, -0500
From: MR LARRY N REED CJSB06A@prodigy.com
Subject: Jarrell Plantation, Jones county Ga

This is what you get when it dies...

Updating index files for archive [1999-August]
  Date
  Subject
  Author
  Thread
Computing threaded index
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/arch", line 47, in ?
    archiver.close()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 906, in close
    self.update_dirty_archives()# Update all changed archives
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 871, in update_dirty_archives
    self.update_archive(i)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 330, in update_archive
    self.write_index_header()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 738, in write_index_header
    self.updateThreadedIndex()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 269, in updateThreadedIndex
    self.database.setThreadKey(self.archive, article.threadKey+'\000'+article.msgid, msgid)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 256, in setThreadKey
    self.threadIndex[key]=msgid
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 144, in __setitem__
    self.current_index = self.sorted.index(current_item)
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list

I'm suspecting, from looking at it for a while (wish I actually knew
python... although thanks to mailman, I'm starting to learn) that
the problem is buried in rfc822.py's parsedate_tz routine; it's
confused by the comma.  I see where it checks to see if that last
character of the tm field is a , and tried to delete it, but either
it's not working, or I'm barking up the wrong branch of the right
tree; because getting rid of that comma makes things work again...