[ mailman-Bugs-1778960 ] Empty Bounces

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 22 07:23:16 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1778960, was opened at 2007-08-21 19:54
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ninja_k
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1778960&group_id=103

not just the latest update.
Category: bounce detection
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I have a mailing list, X managed by Mailman 2.1.9 on FreeBSD 5.3 with Courier as our MTA.

All the member addresses of X are valid. The owner address is also valid. We allow non-member postings as well.

Every time we send an e-mail to the list, we get an e-mail with no subject, and no body from mailman-bounces.  If I turn on Uncaught bounce notification, the message that is forwarded has no contents.

The logs show:
Aug 21 11:01:12 2007 (1493) bounce message w/no discernable addresses: None
Aug 21 11:01:12 2007 (1493) forwarding unrecognized, message-id: n/a
Aug 21 11:01:12 2007 (1493) bounce message w/no discernable addresses: None
Aug 21 11:01:12 2007 (1493) forwarding unrecognized, message-id: n/a

... I'm not quite sure what is going on, but I am fairly certain that this is a bug.