[ mailman-Patches-1246003 ] 2.1.6 senddigests unicode error exception handling

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 3 00:11:26 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by polansky
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1246003&group_id=103

not just the latest update.
Category: internationalization
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:

Hi, I've had senddigests break on me and this seems to
be resolved by adding a proper exception handling as
follows:

vi +333 Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py

replace:
            except LookupError:
with:
            except (UnicodeError, LookupError):

after this adjustment all digests are sent out properly
again for my lists.

symptoms were:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
    mlist.send_digest_now()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in
send_digest_now
    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 133, in send_digests
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 331, in send_i18n_digests
    payload = unicode(payload, mcset, 'replace'
UnicodeError: ISO-2022-JP decoding error: invalid
designation

Comment By: Jonathan Polansky (polansky)