[ mailman-Bugs-1111321 ] cron failures are sent to mailman list

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 28 10:47:36 CET 2005

Bugs item #1111321, was opened at 2005-01-28 10:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1111321&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
When a cronjob fails (e.g. nightly_gzip has a
permission problem), the output is sent to
mailman at localhost. However, mailman is by default a
mailing list (at least it was on my older Debian
system, I copied the /var/mailman/lists from there to a
new Fedora Core 3 installation). Since root is not on
the mailman list, I get "message awaits moderator
approval" messages.
Shouldn't the error go straight to root? For instance,
with a MAILTO=root directive in /etc/cron.d/mailman ?