[ mailman-Bugs-1152800 ] Footer is Added in Plaintext to baes64 encoded mails

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 27 09:46:27 CET 2005

Bugs item #1152800, was opened at 2005-02-27 08:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tkikuchi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1152800&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
When a user sends an email to the list with the
following headers:

The mailman software attaches the list footer to the
body part of the message in plain text.  When users
receive the message, they see a string of garbage
characters at the bottom, where their mail client
software tried to base64 decode the plaintext footer.

Mailman should instead check the
Content-Transfer-Encoding header and either:
(1) append the footer encoded in the appropriate encoding
(2) change the Content-Type header to multipart/text
and add the footer as a separate body part
(3) do not add the footer