[ mailman-Patches-795369 ] fix for contrib/check_perms_grsecurity.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 26 07:54:33 EDT 2003

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=795369&group_id=103

Category: configure/install
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:

contrib/check_perms_grsecurity.py saved the day for me
while trying to get Mailman to work on my high-security
Mandrake 9.1 server.  However, I had to make a small
change in order to make this script work, so I thought
I should pass this on to save everyone else the trouble.

On lines 67-69, an array binfilestopatch is declared.
AFAIK this array is only used on line 146.  However,
these files are not in the current path, as the code
assumes they are.  There are more than one ways to fix
this, the easiest of which was to change line 147

FROM
filefd = open(script, "r")

filefd = open("bin/" + script, "r")

Hope this helps!