[Linux-SIG] PEP 538: Coercing the legacy C locale to C.UTF-8

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jan 3 11:59:50 EST 2017

On Jan 03, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>Embedded Python is wrong since this warning is going to get hit by
>non-embedded cases too, for instance the default ubuntu docker container
>where I regularly have to set LC_TYPE=C.UTF-8 when using click.

I think Nick's original intent was to have two different warnings, one when
`python` cli was used and another when it is not.  I'm just trying to clarify
the message in those two cases, but it would be fine with me if it were the
same message for both, e.g. just "Python" in both cases.

Cheers,
-Barry