[Ironpython-users] Generic importer interface for IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:50:50 EST 2015

Python already supports extra importers written in Python, by adding them
to sys.meta_path. I'd prefer to stick to widely supported Python techniques
than invent new ones.

In Python 3 the import system is rewritten Python anyway (importlib)
although I still need to update the IronPython 3 branch to actually use it.
There's a bit of a bootstrapping problem to be dealt with.

- Jeff