[Ironpython-users] CodePlex Issues (Was: IronPython 3 Update)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:26:55 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Pawel Jasinski
<pawel.jasinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sometimes ago there was a plan to migrate from codeplex to github
> issue tracking.
> Since we are talking about a workflow, would it make sense to do migration now?

Not *right now*, but after 2.7.5 is out, just to cut down on the issues to move.

Alex mentioned this last night as well, and wondered whether we should
start with a clean issues list given the amount of noise on the
CodePlex side. However, there's also a lot of good stuff in there that
needs to be fixed.

Either way, the primary issue list will move to GitHub. The question is how:

1) Clean issue list in GH, abandon all CodePlex issues
2) Copy all open issues from CP
3) Copy all open issues from past 12 months
4) Copy all open issues with > 1 votes

My thought is the best option might be a combination of 3 & 4, which
should pick a useful set of things that people want (anything needed
by more than 1 person, plus anything too new to accumulate votes) and
leave out older issues that are already fixed or no longer relevant
(or impossible to reproduce).

Any other suggestions?

- Jeff