[Ironpython-users] Problems with silverlight chiron and script templates

Studious Apprentice apprentice_99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:50:34 CET 2013

Hi to all!
I have tried to create a sample using the files in the Silverlight folder of the IronPython 2.7 distribution but I have met several problems:
1/ When running Chiron.exe on the files in script/templates, it complains about a missing System.Numerics assembly.I copied the associated dll and xml files from the Silverlight 5 sdk, files which are in the folder Silverlight/v5.0/Libraries/Client and now it works. I am just not sure I did the right thing because I also have these files in the Silverlight 4.0 and these files also make chiron work... Could someone please confirm I did the right thing by selecting v5.0 ?
2/ The page loads and the "Welcome to python and silverlight" message appears but a big diagnostic message appears :
"MethodAccessException: Échec de la tentative d'accès de la méthode 'Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.CreateDelegate(System.Reflection.MethodInfo, System.Type, System.Object)' à la méthode 'IronPython.Runtime.Types.LateBoundInitBinder+FastInitSite`2<System.__Canon,System.__Canon>.CallTarget(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite, IronPython.Runtime.CodeContext, System.Object, System.__Canon, System.__Canon)'."
with the following traceback:MethodAccessException    at System.Delegate.BindToMethodInfo(Object target, IRuntimeMethodInfo method, RuntimeType methodType, DelegateBindingFlags flags)    at System.Delegate.CreateDelegateInternal(RuntimeType rtType, RuntimeMethodInfo rtMethod, Object firstArgument, DelegateBindingFlags flags)    at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate(Type type, Object firstArgument, MethodInfo method, Boolean throwOnBindFailure)    at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate(Type type, Object firstArgument, MethodInfo method)    at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.CreateDelegate(MethodInfo methodInfo, Type delegateType, Object target)    at IronPython.Runtime.Types.LateBoundInitBinder.BindDelegate[T](CallSite`1 site, Object[] args)    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSiteBinder.BindCore[T](CallSite`1 site, Object[] args)    at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)    at IronPython.Runtime.Types.PythonType.FastTypeSite`2.CallTarget(CallSite site, CodeContext context, Object type, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)    at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)    at IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget2(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1)    at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Repl , IReplFormatter )    at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)    at _Scripting_(Object[] , Repl , IReplFormatter )    at Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.Repl.GetReplFormatter(Repl instance)
And I really dont know what to do about it.
I also tried to port the samples from http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/webide/webide.html but they also generated the same kind of exception.
Thanks in advance for helping me. I am a pretty experienced python programmer looking forward to using it to manipulate the DOM but I am at a total loss regarding everything .NET
Thyfate