[Ironpython-users] Windows Service Applications?

Don Spaulding donspauldingii at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:47:49 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there's a way to create a service that launches an exe, it would be
> easiest to use that, point it at ipy.exe, and pass in your script as
> the argument.  It looks like http://serviceex.com/ might fir the bill,
> but I've never used it.
>
> - Jeff

That approach looks like it would work rather well.  I've actually been
able to get the DLRHostService project to build an exe that wraps my ipy
script.  It's currently not pulling in the python standard library, but I'm
sure I'll be able to figure that out before too long.  If I can't make it
work though, I'll definitely take a look at ServiceEx.

Thanks,
Don