[Ironpython-users] Issue on windows phone: passing parameters to functions

YANG, Lin oxcsnicho at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:43:59 CEST 2012

Hi all,

New to the list due to the fact that I'm working on embedding IronPython in
WP71 :) My goal is to leverage a Python-based library as the backend of my
WP application.

I actually encountered another issue (in addition to the 2+2.5 one that is
being discovered in March, found that in archives) that seem to be a big
issue for my porting work. It looks that passing parameters in functions
does not work currently. Say, you can do the following:

>>> def Four():
...  print 2+2
>>> Four()
4

but you cannot do this:

>>> def PlusFour(n)
...  print 2+2+n
>>> Four (10)
Attempt to access the method failed:
IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction
+FunctionCaller`1.Call1
(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,
IronPython.Runtime.CodeContext, System.Object,
System.Object)

Is there a way to work around this?

thanks,
Lin