[Ironpython-users] WP7 & Silverlight Support in IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:28:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM,  <sepatan at sibmail.com> wrote:
> Silverlight is very necessary.

Would you be fine with SL5 only, as Jimmy suggested? Also, how
necessary is it that IronPython 3 support it? I don't see SL having
much more takeup from now on, so I'm fine with supporting SL5 on 2.7
but dropping it from the 3.0 series (keeping in mind 3.0 is probably a
year away).

That would leave 3.0 supported on desktop, WinRT (Win8 + WinPhone8),
Android, and maybe iOS. Basically, platforms with a future, and WinRT.
;)

- Jeff