[IronPython] Cannot compile IronPythonTools

Raghavendra Chandrashekara raghavendra.chandrashekara at gmail.com
Wed May 11 02:30:03 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I downloaded the latest code from the git repository and tried to compile
IronPythonTools.sln but I got the following error:

D:\Downloads\Development\IronPython\IronPythonSourceCode\Tools\IronStudio\IronPythonTools\IronPythonTools.csproj
: error  : The project file
'D:\Downloads\Development\IronPython\IronPythonSourceCode\Tools\IronStudio\IronPythonTools\IronPythonTools.csproj'
cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

D:\Downloads\Development\IronPython\IronPythonSourceCode\Tools\IronStudio\IronStudio\IronStudio.csproj
: error  : Unable to read the project file 'IronStudio.csproj'.
D:\Downloads\Development\IronPython\IronPythonSourceCode\Tools\IronStudio\IronStudio\IronStudio.csproj(369,3):
The imported project "C:\Program
Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets"
was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct,
and that the file exists on disk.

Am I missing a component from VS 2010? Thanks for any help you can give.

Raj