[IronPython] Problems running simple executable compiled with the pyc.py tool

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri May 6 19:12:33 CEST 2011

When running are Program.dll and Program.exe in the same location?  The reason I ask is that Program.exe will change the CWD to where it is currently located and then it'll attempt to load Program.dll from that directory.  That's the only thing that immediately comes to mind as having potential to break this for you.

Also, did you install IronPython via the MSI or by downloading the binary zip file?

I just tried this and it all seemed to work for me (I'm installed via the MSI so we can pick up the IronPython DLLs from the GAC):

C:\Users\dinov > type test.py
print('hi')
10:11:04.07
C:\Users\dinov > "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Tools\Scripts\pyc.py" /target:exe /out:test /main:test.py test.py
Input Files:
        test.py
Output:
        test