[IronPython] Building IronPython on Mono, and web updates

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:42:43 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
>> 2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?
>
> 1) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="Release"
> 2) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="v2Debug" (or "v2Release")
>
> I assume xbuild's command line matches msbuild's.

Yes, they do. I've begun to add some hopefully helpful notes re Mono to:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/

some .NET/Mono sections to:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Respository%20Instructions&referringTitle=Home

and a new page:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=IronPython%20on%20Mono

Please give feedback or feel free to refine.

BTW, what is the relationship between the codeplex site,
ironpython.net, and ironpython.info? It seems like information/files
are spread across them. Can some consolidation be done? Or are there
guidelines about what goes where?

> However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work
> right now, which I was kinda afraid of. I think there's a discrepancy
> between the Microsoft.Scripting DLR and the .NET 4 DLR.

I made a note about that on the website, and hopefully Tomas can make
that irrelevant soon.

-Doug