[IronPython] numpy / IronClad?

Jason McCampbell jmccampbell at enthought.com
Mon Mar 14 18:25:15 CET 2011

Hi Chad,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were busy getting the beta release of
NumPy and SciPy together.  Microsoft announced the availability of NumPy and
SciPy for IronPython / .NET  at PyCon the end of last week.

You can find the install instructions here for the pre-built binaries:
http://www.enthought.com/repo/.iron/

<http://www.enthought.com/repo/.iron/>Alternately you can grab the source
code from the following repositories:
    https://github.com/numpy/numpy-refactor
    https://github.com/jasonmccampbell/scipy-refactor

One note we don't have documented right now is that SciPy requires the
Python stack frames access, which IronPython doesn't enable by default.  To
run SciPy you need to use the "-X:Frames" argument:
    ipy.exe -X:Frames -c "import scipy"

<https://github.com/jasonmccampbell/scipy-refactor>Regards,
Jason

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Chad Brockman <chadbr at slb.com> wrote:

>  Anyone know if the effort to port numpy to IronPython is still alive?
> Enthought / MS announced it last year?
> http://www.enthought.com/media/SciPyNumPyDotNet.pdf
>

> Anyone know if IronClad is still being developed?
>

> Thanks, Chad

*Jason McCampbell*
Enthought, Inc.
512.850.6069