[Ironpython-users] Assembly references: file does not exist?

Zachary Gramana zgramana at pottsconsultinggroup.com
Wed Jun 29 15:36:59 CEST 2011

On 6/28/2011 9:25 AM, Dave Peterson wrote:
> Hello,
> I’m relatively new to IronPython and .Net, but reasonably familiar with
> Python. I’m trying to write a .py script to use one of my employer’s
> .NET dlls but whenever I try to AddReferenceToFileAndPath() I get an error:
> IOError: System.IO.IOException: file does not exists: D:\path\to\my\dll
> However, the DLL definitely exists at D:\path\to\my\dll and indeed works
> from there using my employer’s app.

In the .NET platform, we have a tool called fusionlogw.exe that you can
use to troubleshoot your issue.  This utility provides additional
information on why the CLR cannot load an assembly. It's reasonably easy
to use, as well. The official documentation is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(v=VS.100).aspx