[Ironpython-users] FW: IronPython, Daily Digest 6/23/2011

Zachary Gramana zgramana at pottsconsultinggroup.com
Mon Jun 27 22:34:31 CEST 2011

On 6/27/2011 11:19 AM, Jeff Hardy wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Jimmy Schementi<jschementi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> It's a daily digest of the issues on ironpython.codeplex.com, not of this mailing list. If it's not of interest we can put it on a smaller dev list.
>
> I turned it on as an experiment, in an attempt to get a little more
> visibility on the bug tracker. Unfortunately the only option is daily
> - I would have preferred weekly, and I'll open a CodePlex issue to see
> if that can be changed.
>
> I can redirect these to a different list if people don't want to get
> them; any opinions one way or the other?

I like the daily digests coming here. They promote responsiveness to the
users of the issue tracker (especially the end users who take the time
to report) and keep the size of the digest down.

Plus, we're sure to get the entire discussion here in a timely way.  If
a big comment thread breaks out on Codeplex, we'll only be 24-hours
behind here. With weekly digests, we might not know a conversation
happened until it is over and the participants have moved on.