[IronPython] difference in compiling ipy in 3.5 vs. .NET 4.0?

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Oct 5 18:27:03 CEST 2010

  On 05/10/2010 16:59, Ken MacDonald wrote:
> I am getting much farther with my app now that I can actually run it
> as an .exe; and running under VS is a HUGE help. Currently, the app is
> dying on the following statement:
>
> import os
>
> When I run it in VS or from the ipy command prompt, "import os" seems
> to work fine, "dir(os)" yields a bunch of symbols, for instance.
>
> When I run it as a compiled .exe, it runs up to that point, and dies
> with an exception "no module named os".
>
> This seems like it must be some sort of path issue or similar. Where
> is the assembly for "os",

"os" is not an assembly but a Python module from the standard library.
You need to ensure that the Python standard library (or the parts that
you use and their dependencies) is on the path.

All the best,

Michael Foord

> and how do I ensure it gets found from my .exe - is there a specific
> env. variable, or the Windows %PATH% e.v., or something I haven't
> AddReference'd to????
> Thanks,
> Ken

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.