[IronPython] Unable to find assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamic

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:24:24 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I seem to be hitting all the rough edges: when I run my project in
interactive window (Debug | Execute project in python interactive..), I
get this exception:

Remote process has been reset...
Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Unable
to find assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Huh? Do I need DLR or smth?

Full text:

Running c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Program.py
Remote process has been reset...
Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Unable
to find assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Server stack trace:
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo
assemblyInfo, String name)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryConverter.TypeFromInfo(BinaryTypeEnum
binaryTypeEnum, Object typeInformation, ObjectReader objectReader,
BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, InternalPrimitiveTypeE&
primitiveTypeEnum, String& typeString, Type& type, Boolean& isVariant)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadArray(BinaryHeaderEnum
binaryHeaderEnum)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler
handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean
isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean
isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
    at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryResponseMessage(Stream
inputStream, IMethodCallMessage reqMsg, Boolean bStrictBinding)
    at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage
msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.CompiledCode.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
    at
Microsoft.IronPythonTools.Commands.ExecuteInReplCommand.<>c__DisplayClass1.<DoCommand>b__0(Object
_)

--

Regards,
mk

--
Premature optimization is the root of all fun.