[IronPython] Being unable to import module after succesfully adding reference, in asp.net IronPython

Pablo Dalmazzo pablodalma93 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:50:47 CET 2010

Hi there,

                I'm adding a reference to a funciones.dll file using

clr.AddReferenceToFileAndPath() because I couldnt get it to work
other way with this file and it succesfully does it. The file is named
funciones.dll , it only contains function definitions and it's in the bin folder. But when I do

from funciones import *

I get "no module named funciones"

since the funciones.dll file it's a funciones.py file compiled,
shouldnt the module name only be named funciones and no any other name?
isnt the name the problem and it's another? I dont know what other info
could be relevant here but if there is any let me know.

BTW, in the VS 2008 object explorer, this assembly is listed differently than assemblies made from VB.NET or C#

code files. A dll file made from a VB.NET code file named "conexiones" with a explicity declared "conexiones" namespace
is listed as

{}conexiones : "Namespace conexiones, member of conexiones".

The IronPython assembly funciones is listed as

DLRCachedCode[funciones]: "public class DLRCachedCode, member of funciones"

My question is , what do I have to do for the function definitions from funciones.dll to be available from an asp.net
ironpython aspx.py codefile ?

Greetings, Pablo Dalmazzo