[IronPython] Open source project developed in IronPython

David DiCato ddicato at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 30 19:57:50 CEST 2010

One starting point is the set of samples we release with IronPython. Go to the 2.6 release page at http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/12482, and take a look at IronPython-2.6-Samples.zip.

The 2.6.1 release page (http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/36280) includes 2 more samples. One is "The Worst Paint Program in the World", which Dino used to demonstrate the use of IronPython to extend existing C# applications. The other sample illustrates how to use __clrtype__, a more advanced IronPython-specific feature. I don't recommend starting with this one :)

We'd like for these samples to be as helpful as possible to new IronPython developers, so please let us know if they fail in any way to meet these goals. And, of course, don't hesitate to bring any other questions to this mailing list. Good luck!

- David