[IronPython] Ironpython reload assembly/dll from console

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 28 18:19:14 CEST 2010

Unfortunately the CLR doesn't have any support for reloading.  But you should be able to do clr.AddReferenceToFile instead of just clr.AddReference.  IronPython will then update the types which are available for import so they're the new types.   There may be some issues around CLR loader contexts but if things are simple enough (e.g. one assembly, not a collection of assemblies which reference each other) then that should work pretty painlessly.