[IronPython] How to install 3rd part packages into IronPython ?

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:05:39 CEST 2010

David:
  If I may humbly suggest:  don't use mySQLdb.
Usehttp://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi<%20http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi>which
works very well with IronPython, thank you, and is also fully db api
2.0 compliant.  mySQL is one of the three database engines, along with
ACCESS (jet) and MS-SQL which I use to test it.
  For IronPython it uses the dumbest possible installation method: unzip the
package and copy it to the site-packages folder of your choice.  The
examples in the 'tests' sub-directory contain a working mySQL
connection string for a sample.
  If there are features of mySQLdb which you feel are lacking in adodbapi,
please let me know and I will see if they can be added.
--
Vernon Cole

P.S.: The new release of IPy has uncovered a bug in Decimal and binary data
types. I have a fix, and if all tests pass I'll upload a new version later
today or tomorrow.  It will be version 2.3.0 with some significant new
features (like switchable paramstyle.)