[IronPython] Compile IronPython Script to EXE on Linux

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 22:32:19 CEST 2010

OS: Ubuntu 9.10 using IronPython PPA
https://launchpad.net/~gezakovacs/+archive/ironpython
IronPython Version: IronPython 2.6 Beta 2 DEBUG (2.6.0.20) on .NET
2.0.50727.1433
Mono Version: Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.4 (Debian
2.4.4~svn151842-1gezakovacs~karmic1)

I'm having trouble compiling any IronPython script to EXE on Linux.
The scripts compile fine on IronPython2.6 on Windows. The DLL
generated by the script before the exe step seems correct.

I am using the pyc.exe script downloaded from:
http://ironpython.codeplex.com/sourcecontrol/network/Show?projectName=IronPython&changeSetId=65328#991948

I am using a command like: ipy pyc.exe /main:hello.py /target:exe

The error is: SystemError: Method is not VarArgs method and optional
types were passed

And it comes on this line:    gen.EmitCall(OpCodes.Call,
clr.GetClrType(Assembly).GetMethod("GetEntryAssembly"), ())

The simplest example script is:
import clr
print "Hello world"

--