[IronPython] Database Engine for Django on IronPython

Josh josh at globalherald.net
Fri Oct 23 22:43:43 CEST 2009

Vernon Cole wrote:

"The big thing will be paramstyle format convertion. MS-SQL uses qmark.
I am told that django wants pyformat."

Quick question.  Is this new database driver going to be specific to
MS-SQL, or does the ADO.NET specification specify qmark in place of
Pyformat?

The reason I ask is it would be really slick to be able to use any
ADO.NET data source on the back end.  It would be even slicker if we
could do this interchangeably.  For example, suppose you have a Django
site running under RHEL + Apache + PostgreSQL.  It would be nifty if you
could take the same code, with little or no modification, and run it
under IIS + IronPython against that same PostgreSQL database using one
of the PostgreSQL .NET data providers.

Cheers,
-Josh