[IronPython] Compiling .py to .dll to use with Silverlight

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 30 20:30:44 CET 2009

I'm not aware of any working example of this.  In theory you can do it by
hand by just taking the resulting DLL that gets compiled on the desktop
and updating all of the assembly versions to be the Silverlight assembly
versions.  That can be done by sending it through ildasm/ilasm.  You'd
need to update all of the IronPython and DLR assemblies as well as
mscorlib and System all of which have different versions on Silverlight
vs the desktop CLR.