[IronPython] IronPython 2.6 RC 1 Release Hidden

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Tue Nov 10 21:29:48 CET 2009

As for the question at hand, though :)

I'm not in blanket agreement here.  I'd agree for some releases to be valid dependency points, but things like RCs, betas, obsoleted third-level versions -- not really.

In the first two cases, those are bleeding-edge releases.  If you take a dependency on them, expect to bleed.

In the latter case, I wouldn't expect API differences, or other breaking changes unless they represented critical bug fixes.  Again, I wouldn't want to support a dependency upon something horribly broken.

In light of the above, then, I'd propose keeping the following versions:

    max(x).y.max(z)[.max(b)]

and strongly consider keeping:

    [max(x)-1].y.max(z)[.max(b)]