[IronPython] Embedded IronPython 2.6 Module Name

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Thu Nov 5 19:45:19 CET 2009

I'm not sure if there's a simpler way -- here's what I did a few months back
when I needed to publish something via __main__:

pythonContext = HostingHelpers.GetLanguageContext(self._engine)
module = pythonContext.CreateModule()
pythonContext.PublishModule('__main__', module)
scope = HostingHelpers.CreateScriptScope(self._engine, module.Scope)
scope.SetVariable('__name__', '__main__')
scope.SetVariable('__doc__', '')

HostingHelpers is a class in the DLR hosting interfaces. From C#, you'd need
to explicitly cast the LanguageContext to a PythonContext.

After this, you would run your Python code within the "scope" ScriptScope.