[IronPython] mmap, csv, others

William Reade william at resolversystems.com
Tue May 19 17:48:01 CEST 2009

Thanks Dino.

Incidentally, for some reason, mmap objects are constructed with filenos
rather than files, which may complicate matters for you... in Ironclad
I'm planning to get around this by forcing users to use real
PyFileObjects if they want to mmap them. In the general case it'll be an
annoying departure from the intended transparency, but at least I can
patch known-mmaping modules like numpy.core.memmap so that they, at
least, silently use the correct file type.

(Yes, it's evil, but it seems to be the least evil option; if anyone has
a better suggestion (or is writing code which assumes uniqueness of ipy
filenos), please let me know.)