[IronPython] [ANN]: IronPython 2.6 Beta 2

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sat Jul 25 01:29:52 CEST 2009

YMMV on Mono - their 64-bit could have different performance
characteristics than our 64-bit JIT.  On Windows it's a big win
because the 32-bit JIT is much, much faster than the 64-bit JIT.

Also does Mono have something like ngen?  If so you should
definitely use it and you'll get much improved startup that way
too.