[IronPython] Problem with Creating Executable using SharpDevelop

Bruce Bromberek bruce.bromberek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:07:56 CEST 2009

Kelie-

I just went through this process recently myself.

My rules of thumb are as follows:

*When building the App:*

Look at your references to the 5 ironpython DLLs.  Decide right now:  Are
you going to use the ones that ship with SharpDevelop or the ones using that
come with IronPython.  Choose one and be consistent.

I'm still working though how to Build a WIX installer project , so I
currently ZIP up the release folder generated by SharpDevelop and make sure
everything is there.  Here's an example for a simple program I have
distributed to coworkers.

AIIMTool.dll
AIIMTool.exe
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
IronMath.dll
IronPython.dll
IronPython.Modules.dll
IronPythonTest.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute.dll
*
Make sure the Target machine has been upgraded to .Net 3.5 SP1.  Don't take
any flack - make them upgrade.*

*Make sure they are not running on a network share.  Weird things with trust
can happen with shares.  See my recent cry for help on this list for more
info.*

-Bruce