[IronPython] Embedding IronPython 2.0

Renaud Durand renaud.durand.it at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:32:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I want to use IronPython function through C#. To do It, I found a tutorial
at http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Hosting_IronPython_2.
But the code does not seem to be updated for IronPython 2.0.

the code is :

using System;
using IronPython.Hosting;
using IronPython.Runtime;
using Microsoft.Scripting;
using Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting;

namespace EmbeddedCalculator
{
    public class Engine
    {
        private ScriptEngine engine;

        public Engine()
        {
            engine = PythonEngine.CurrentEngine;
        }

        public string calculate(string input)
        {
            try
            {
                ScriptSource source =
engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(input, "py");
                return source.Execute().ToString();
            }
            catch
            {
                return "Error";
            }
        }

    }
}
// End of code

When I try to compile it in visual studio, the compiler could not find the
name "PythonEngine". I have added all the references to
the needed libraries. So, what am I missing ?

Thank you :-).

--
Renaud Durand