[IronPython] IronPython and SSIS issue - need help...bad

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:11:21 CET 2009

I had a look at the script.  It is still running in a .Net 2.0
environment with IronPython 1.1.  Since it is a production script and
I do not own the environment, it will take me a bit to upgrade it to
IronPython 2.0.

In the meantime, I will put a disclaimer in the recipe.  Michael, if
you feel it best to take the posting down, that is OK too.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

Carl T.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Carl Trachte <ctrachte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I posted the original article in the cookbook.  Sorry it has caused
> you some grief.
>
> At the time I was working with IronPython 1.1.  Not sure if this had
> anything to do the problems you encountered.  I did not test this on
> Mono and I apologize for the implicit suggestion that it would work
> there.
>
> I'll dig out the code from the project I was working on and try to
> resurrect the mini-module I wrote.
>
> Carl T.
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Rob Weiss <rweiss at chesapeakebay.net> wrote:
>>
>> The C# code I have works when compiled and run on a windows machine. It does
>> not work on the RHEL box under mono. So I was trying to see if mono was the
>> issue.
>>
>> Trying to eliminate the mono question, I downloaded IP's latest version
>> installed on my windows dev box and ran the script I listed in my earlier
>> post.
>>
>> The IP code I have to run the ssis package does not run and returns the
>> error. I have copied the DLLs you listed below into the run directory, and
>> still get the error.
>>
>> I am wondering if it is a config issue, but I get the exact same error on my
>> dev box and my prod box when running the C# code under mono.
>>
>> When running the IP under mono to kick off the ssis package, I get the error
>> I listed in the prev post. Even if I run the IP from a command prompt to
>> kick off the ssis package (not under mono) I get the same error.
>>
>> Thanks for your response, but I still have the issue!!
>>

>> Bill Fellows wrote:
>>>
>>> Far from an expert here, but could you be missing an assembly?  I have
>>> a C# app that builds SSIS packages programatically and I have
>>> references to
>>>
>>> Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap
>>> Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap