[IronPython] Timer constructor fails on float

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sun Dec 20 20:31:18 CET 2009

There's no overload that takes a float - just overloads that take int, int64, and uint32 and TimeSpan objects.  Because there are multiple numeric types we can't pick which one is better to call - we lose precision either way.  I would recommend:

timer = System.Threading.Timer(_callback, None, int(100.1), 0) # Throws exception