[IronPython] Spurious warning when executing modules with -m

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sat Aug 22 01:14:30 CEST 2009

runpy is setting __package__ to an empty string.  Looks like CPython doesn't
warn when the string is empty because if I do:

import runpy
x = runpy.run_module('foo', run_name = '__main__', alter_sys=True)

CPython doesn't warn. So the fix is easy enough.

But it's interesting CPython no longer calls runpy.run_module anymore. I
guess it's calling runpy._run_module_as_main as there's a big comment saying
should we make this public.