[IronPython] FlowDocument XAML syntax highlighting and restructured text

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 03:57:24 CEST 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
>> Dino Viehland wrote:
>>> I have no clue - any ideas what the issue was there?  We only have 1
>>> bug
>>> that references it and it was fixed a long time ago.
>>>

>> First problem with 2.6B2:
>>
>>  File "c:\IronPythonPackages\docutils\utils.py", line 16, in
>> c:\IronPythonPackages\docutils\utils.py
>>    import unicodedata
>> ImportError: No module named unicodedata
>
> If I use the unicodedata module from FePy then it *seems* to work.
> Although I do see a warning that I don't see under CPython:
>
> <string>:1: DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
>
> Not dug in to see where it comes from.

Another issue. If you use the programmatic API it blows up with an odd
error. This is a function that uses a lot of keyword arguments (up to
seventeen, mainly defaulting to None) and delegates to another function
that also takes seventeen keyword arguments:

 >>> from docutils.core import publish_string
 >>> publish_string('foo')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: Value cannot be null.