[IronPython] Compiling with Pyc for Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 20 21:43:15 CEST 2009

Dino Viehland wrote:
> In theory there's just 1 IL re-write that's required for this to work.  And that should be replacing the references to mscorlib/IronPython to point at the Silverlight versions.  There's no way to directly have the written binaries target Silverlight because Reflection Emit has no cross-compilation support :(.

I need to rewrite references to the IronPython / DLR assemblies to use
the Silverlight versions and the same for mscorlib.

Any pointers as to how I should start?

> Do you know what's happening when trying to import packages?

SystemError
at app.py in app.py, line 7 ? SystemError: Could not load type
'Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.StrongBox`1' from assembly
'Microsoft.Scripting.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. ? Hide

Michael