[IronPython] Can IronPython be used to create COM DLLs?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:56:24 CEST 2008

Hi List,

I'm embarking on a project to rewrite a DLL that my team uses. It's a
COM DLL, and has to implement specific interfaces. Currently, it's
written in C++, which I am not terribly proficient with. However, it's
important that the code is as well tested and stable as possible. As
such, I thought it would be worth investigating whether this is
something that IronPython could do, as Python is something I'm quite
familiar with.

So, can IronPython create DLLs that implement specific COM interfaces?

Thanks,
Alec Munro