[IronPython] Hosting IP2 Beta2 in Mono?

Douglas S. Blank dblank at brynmawr.edu
Sat May 10 16:03:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 11:37 pm, Curt Hagenlocher said:
> We added Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll in Beta2; you'll probably need to
> add
> a reference to that.

Curt, thanks for the quick feedback! You are right, and now I need to
figure out how to make that happen.

Seo, et al: any chance of updating the IPCE build to work with IP2Beta2?
It looks like the Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll requirement isn't going
away, so it won't be wasted effort. (Or someone point me in the right
direction, and I'll try to do it).

I did try using the MS .dll's directly from CodePlex in Mono, and it
almost works. It builds fine, but *looks* like there is a bug that
prevents Mono from evaluating some statements (like "import sys"). The
stack trace from inside my c# code is below. If you think it is something
else, please let me know.

I'd also be interested in other options to using IP2B2 (other than
retreating to an earlier IP). I fairly new to all of this, so maybe I am
missing something obvious.

-Doug

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: The method
should be static.
Parameter name: method
  at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate (System.Type type,
System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, Boolean throwOnBindFailure)
[0x00000]
  at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate (System.Type type,
System.Reflection.MethodInfo method) [0x00000]
  at
Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.InvokeHelper`3[Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1[Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.DynamicSiteTarget`6[System.Object,System.String,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,IronPython.Runtime.PythonTuple,System.Object]],Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.DynamicSiteTarget`6[System.Object,System.String,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,IronPython.Runtime.PythonTuple,System.Object],Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1[Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.DynamicSiteTarget`6[System.Object,System.String,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,Microsoft.Scripting.IAttributesCollection,IronPython.Runtime.PythonTuple,System.Object]]]..ctor
(System.Reflection.MethodInfo ) [0x00000]
  at <0x00000> <unknown method>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] --- End of inner
exception stack trace ---

  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr,
System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags
bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[]
activationAttributes) [0x00000]
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[]
args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000]
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[]
args) [0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectedCaller.SlowCreate
(System.Reflection.MethodInfo info, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[]
pis) [0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectedCaller.FastCreate
(System.Reflection.MethodInfo target, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[]
pi) [0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectedCaller.Create
(System.Reflection.MethodInfo info) [0x00000]