[IronPython] ToyScript - Parses code twice?

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:06:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

I was just looking at ToyScript and how it generates the DLR Trees,
and i've found that ParseSourceCode is called twice for a single line
of code (in this case print "a" + "b").  I was just wondering is the
DLR parsing the source code twice? It seems quite inaffective but i'm
sure you have a reason.  I would have thought you would only need to
generate the DLR Tree once.

If you could let me know why this is the case, that would be great.

Thanks

Ben