[IronPython] Possible bug in interpreter

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 19:05:43 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Well - if this is a new style class then '__getitem__' shouldn't be looked
> through __getattr__ anyway.

Yes, there was an issue with the way I defined __getitem__,
__contains__, etc. And of course, if they don't exist they will go
through __getattr__.

> Apart from that, from the snippet you posted it is hard to see how it could
> be anything other than a bug in IronPython.
>
> Can you post a minimal repro?

That's the thing. I was unable to duplicate it outside of my
application, using the exact same class. One of those things. I'm also
no longer able to easily duplicate it in my application due to
unrelated changes. Oh well, outa sight, outa minds says I. There are
enough actual bugs between the Silverlight and IronPython betas that
I'm not that interested in chasing phantoms.

-Dan