[IronPython] [python][IronPythonStudio] NamespaceClassesandAssembly Files

Pigneri, Rocco rpigneri at LavaStorm.com
Thu Jan 31 16:48:21 CET 2008

So, I actually ran the code outside of VS in two different ways:

1. I left VS compile it and then ran it on the command line manually.
This was the only way for me to get the "print" statements to work.
2. I ran the code from the IronPython console (using the winforms module
that is distributed with IPY itself).

In both cases, the results were the same.

Thank you,

Rocco

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Dino Viehland
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:35 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] [python][IronPythonStudio]
NamespaceClassesandAssembly Files

Michael's probably at least partially correct about this.  The other,
evil, side of using CodeDom is that we might be using the "static type
compiler" which primarily exists for supporting ASP.NET.  There we're
not only using CodeDom but we're also required to generate a .NET type
that ASP.NET can instantiate - and that creates something which isn't
quite Python.

One interesting thing to try here is running the code outside of VS -
e.g. just ipy foo.py from the command line.  That will ensure you don't
get the static type compiler - unfortunately I'm not sure off the top of
my head if it'll get used or not in the WinForms scenario.