[IronPython] How to import python folders as modules

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Feb 27 00:12:23 CET 2008

j igisbert.etra-id wrote:

> Hi Dino, Thanks for your response, but I was not refering to pyxmpp. I
> am using xmpppy, http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/ , and as long I have
> read, it does not contain any C Extension Library (or perhaps yes...).
> In normal Python it runs perfect, so it is no problem of the library itself.
>
> Yes, it contains an __ini__.py file, so that is because I do not
> understand why it does not work.

I hope you mean __init__.py, not __ini__.py

Please give some concrete information, instead of "it does not recognize
them" and "it does not work".

(1) What is the full path .....\xmpppy\__init__.py ?

(2) When you do
     import sys; print sys.path
what do you see? In particular, does it include the answer to (1) ?

(3) When you follow immediately with
     import xmpppy
what exactly (copy/paste!) do you see?