[IronPython] CP #20099: Stack Overflow using super() in dict subclass

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:21:48 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> The immediate question would be does fixing this unblock all other Django issues?  If there's going to be a long tail of other bugs then it'd be better to just fix them all for 2.0.1.

I doubt it, if past experience is anything to go by. I'll see what
happens when I apply the fix, but there are probably more bugs like
this lurking in there.

> If you want to try this out the fix is easy, in PythonDictionary.cs replace the line:
>
>                    this[(object)null] = value;
>
> with:
>
>                    _storage.Add(null, value);
>

> You'll probably find that alone isn't sufficient - the getter probably needs a similar change where it does the same thing as this[object key].

If the fix is that simple, I'm fine using a custom build for testing.
I was afraid the fix was going to be much more involved.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly!

- Jeff