[IronPython] IP as a Macro Language

Dave Moor d.moor at sim-soft.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 11:00:42 CEST 2008

Hi

I am trying to use IronPython as a macro language in out C# modelling
application.  I'm currently using VS2005 and .Net2 for the main
application and using IronPython 1.1 as the macro engine.

My problem is, I can create a form entirely in IP but I can't seem to
get it added as a MDIChild to the main application, and when the form is
closed the form's timer is still running in the background requesting
data from the main application.

My first attempt at solving this was to create a host form on the C#
side (including the timer) an load a panel written in IP, this worked
(loaded and drew the form) but the panel does not seem to respond to
update requests from the C# form.

I gather from this list that IP has problems destroying C# objects it
has instantiated and I assume that it has problems responding to events
triggered from the CLR side.  Will the above problems be eased/fixed in
version 2 or am I as well persevering with version 1.1 for the time being?

I'd appreciate an advice you can offer me.
--

*David Moor*
Senior Engineer

Simulation Software Limited
*Phone:* +44 (0)113 2819038
*Fax:* +44 (0)113 2590863
*Email:* D.Moor at sim-soft.co.uk <mailto:D.Moor at sim-soft.co.uk>
_www.ssl-int.com <http://www.ssl-int.com/>_

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission is confidential, may be privileged and should be
read or retained only by the intended recipient.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete it from your system.

--
Registered Office
Mill House, Hawksworth Road, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4JP  England.